Caprion has a variety of mass spectrometers to support different applications. Unbiased biomarker discovery is usually performed on a hybrid quadrupole/ orbitrap. Multiple reaction monitoring (MRM) is performed using triple quadrupole or hybrid triple quadrupole/ linear ion trap mass spectrometers. Instrumentation and methods are selected to match the goals of each study.
Hypothesis-free shotgun proteomics enables detection and relative quantitation of 1000s of proteins to rapidly identify differentially expressed candidate biomarkers or targets.
- Unbiased approach facilitates discovery of novel biomarkers or targets
- Label-free, gel-free quantitative mass spectrometry for rapid analysis of 100s of samples
- Comprehensive proteome coverage
- Applicable to analysis of phosphorylated species and other modified proteins
Off-the-shelf or customized panels support biomarker verification and development of multiplexed protein panels for research or clinical use. Advantages of MRM-based assays include
- Ability to incorporate targets from multiple sources
- Rapid development of custom assays, without need for specific antibodies
- High sensitivity, exquisite specificity, and robust quantitation
- High multiplexing capability for screening 100s of targets in small sample volumes
- Can be developed and deployed as a fit-for-purpose or validated assay under GLP