Caprion offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment, encouraging continuous innovation and the sharing of knowledge and ideas. We are proud to have built a strong team of highly motivated and skilled people.
We believe our success depends on the contributions and dedication of each employee. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by challenges and have the skills needed to evolve themselves and the company into the future.
Our world-class proteomics facility is situated within the Science Pavillion building of UQAM(Université de Québec à Montréal) in downtown Montréal.
Caprion is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in bioinformatics,
proteomics and flow cytometry. The Bioinformatics Specialist develops software tools
to automate and streamline Caprion's and ImmuneCarta's research platform. The
Bioinformatics Specialist proposes, tests and implements new ways of analyzing and
visualizing mass spectrometry and flow cytometry data. The successful candidate will also be responsible for documenting various workflows of the research platform, implementing quality control procedures and providing scientific recommendations to improve the quality of the results. The Bioinformatics Specialist may also perform
analysis of proteomic mass spectrometry data using commercial and proprietary software.
- Bioinformatics software tools and database planning, development and evaluation.
- Automate annotation data extraction, parsing, transformation and loading.Maintain and provide support for in-house developped scripts and software tools.
- Document the Bioinformatics workflows, software and databases used in Caprion's and ImmuneCarta's analysis pipeline.Propose and implement quality control and data quality monitoring procedures.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to evaluate data quality or improve the understanding of the results.
- Provide general bioinformatics and analytical support to the other research departments (Protein Analysis, Molecular and Cell Biology).
- Perform analysis of mass spectrometry data using the Elucidator software.
- BSc in Bioinformatics, or equivalent (MS level degree preferred).
- Five years of work experience in genomics, proteomics or related field.
- Experience with higher level programming languages (C, C++, Java),
- Experience with Perl.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL.
- Ability to effectively use SQL to design queries for extraction of data from Oracle and MySQL databases.
- Experience with flow cytometry and fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) data analysis is a plus.
- Solid understanding of molecular biology, proteomics, mass spectrometry and flow cytometry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé by post or by email to:
201 avenue Président-Kennedy, suite 3900
Montréal, Québec, Canada H2X 3Y7
Please note, phone calls will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.