Caprion offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment, encouraging continuous innovation and the sharing of knowledge and ideas. We are proud to have built a strong team of highly motivated and skilled people.
We believe our success depends on the contributions and dedication of each employee. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by challenges and have the skills needed to evolve themselves and the company into the future.
Our world-class proteomics facility is situated within the Science Pavillion building of UQAM (Université de Québec à Montréal) in downtown Montréal.
- MARKETING MANAGER
- IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST
- IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Caprion is seeking a highly qualified and experienced individual to direct and oversee the development of Caprion and ImmuneCarta’s marketing and public relations initiatives. Responsibilities will include management, planning, coordination and execution of advertising/promotion plans, tradeshow representation, market research and analysis, product marketing strategies, press releases and other public relations initiatives as well as electronic communications. The marketing manager will report to the SVP & Chief Business Officer.
Takes steps to measure, enhance, and enrich the position and image of a company through various goals and objectives. Primary responsibilities:
- Plan marketing and branding objectives.
- Prepare marketing strategies alongside other company executives and staff.
- Prepare and adhere to budget.
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Oversee creation and delivery of press releases, advertisements, and other marketing and public relations materials.
- Work with the designer on electronic ads and publications ensuring brand consistency and message consistency.
- Gather and analyze customer insight.
- Nurture and enrich all external perceptions of the company and growth of market share.
- Engage customers on social media.
- Deepen relationships with all media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization.
- Lead areas of marketing content generation and production across all media platforms.
- Collaborate with sales and operations to develop strategic activities and implement the execution framework and strategic plan on identified opportunities.
- Develop and lead a marketing team that will develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to position business as innovator and leader.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Master degree in the Life Sciences Field, MBA desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Marketing expert in the Life Sciences Industry with a proven track record of success.
- Strong Science Background and/or thorough proteomics and/or immunology industry.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong ability to analyse and read the market, strategize and implement the most effective strategy to optimise value of services.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work competently in software programs including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently.
- Bilingual (English and French) highly desirable.
IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST
The role of a Principal Scientist at ImmuneCarta Services is equivalent to a GLP Study Director. Works independently and acts as a scientific leader in the planning,
conduct and management of immune monitoring (IM) projects; Is highly knowledgeable in multi-parametric flow cytometry for the development and qualification/validation of
assays to support study sample analysis. Also, knowledgeable in EliSpot and immunoassays (specifically MesoScale) is an asset.
Ensures that projects are performed in accordance to clinical protocols, SOP and GLP/GCLP when applicable; Is accountable for overall technical and scientific quality and regulatory compliance of projects; Interacts with clients regarding regular updates on technical, scientific and general project progress; Interacts with QA for quality issues; Acts as a key resource person in the mentoring/training of scientific personnel. Represents ImmuneCarta Services at scientific meetings and participates in the preparation of scientific or technical materials (e.g. manuscripts, posters).
- Ph.D. or equivalent training in life sciences, preferably in immunology, virology, microbiology or molecular biology. Post doctoral experience would be an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience or equivalent position.
- Knowledge of modern immunology, IM methodologies and clinical trial design and regulations; knowledge of flow cytometry techniques and its generic applications in the field of IM; knowledge of cell-based assays to monitor adaptive and innate immune responses;
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies
- Very good understanding of biomarker analysis in support of drug development
- Approaches work methodically and systematically. Establishes priorities from among a number of demands. Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills;
- Communicates clearly and confidently and has excellent interpersonal skills. Is fluent in French and English (written & spoken);
- Skilled to work in a high-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Oversees the planning and progress of study/project under her/his responsibility;
- Designs and prepares detailed study-specific workplans, IM approaches and supporting documentation for IM protocols and assays;
- Interacts regularly with clients, clinical sites and ImmuneCarta management concerning project issues, and documents properly study-related interactions and communications;
- Manages, trains, supervises and mentors laboratory personnel (e.g. research assistants and technicians) working on her/his projects;
- Ensures that projects are conducted as per preset timelines;
- Performs analysis of experimental FACS data or supervises such analyses done by laboratory personnel to ensure scientific integrity and compliance with SOP when applicable;
- Prepares interim and final reports and ensures that all study-related data is appropriately maintained and archived;
- Participates actively in the preparation and conduct of clients or regulatory body audits;
- Participates in the development of new in vitro assays as per client needs, including the assay qualification/validation phase;
- Provides scientific guidance as a high-quality resource person and contributes to the scientific leadership of ImmuneCarta Services.
IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - RESEARCH ASSISTANT
Performs immune monitoring assays, blood sample processing and cryopreservation. Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP/CSP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines. Performs reagent and material reception, tracking, and inventory. This is an evening position (~3 to ~11pm).
- B.SC in life sciences, preferably in immunology, molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Available to work in the evening (3-11pm);
- Experience in PBMC isolation/cryopreservation and Flow cytometry an asset;
- Experience working in a GLP/GCLP environment an asset;
- Rigorous and autonomous in the conduct of their work;
- Good organizational skills.
- Conduct experiments (blood processing, cell cryopreservation);
- Performs equipment maintenance, calibration and cleaning;
- Performs reagent and material inventories;
- Replenishes stocks of materials;
- Performs biological sample inventory and files related documentation, when required;
- Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé by post or by email to:
201 avenue Président-Kennedy, suite 3900
Montréal, Québec, Canada H2X 3Y7
Please note, phone calls will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.