Caprion offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment, encouraging continuous innovation and the sharing of knowledge and ideas. We are proud to have built a strong team of highly motivated and skilled people.
We believe our success depends on the contributions and dedication of each employee. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by challenges and have the skills needed to evolve themselves and the company into the future.
Our world-class proteomics facility is situated within the Science Pavillion building of UQAM(Université de Québec à Montréal) in downtown Montréal.
SCIENTIFIC DIRECTOR / VICE PRESIDENT - IMMUNECARTA
Please note that the requirements specified in this posting are the basic qualifications required for the Scientific Director – Immunology position; however, job title will be dependent on the candidate's level of experience in those requirements.
ImmuneCarta Services is a rapidly growing division of Caprion Proteome, Inc., that has developed comprehensive and innovative assays to characterize immune responses to candidate vaccines and immunotherapies. ImmuneCarta Services is providing GLP/GCLP-compliant clinical research services to pharmaceutical companies, CROs, government agencies, and academic institutions.
ImmuneCarta Services has a dedicated laboratory facility equipped with the most advanced, state-of-the-art flow cytometry platform. Qualified and dedicated scientists manage clinical studies and highly trained personnel handle biological samples and perform assays according to GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines governed by quality systems and standard operating procedures (SOP).
ImmuneCarta Services is seeking a Scientific Director / Vice President with an immunology background to lead and manage the scientific operations and client services projects involving monitoring of immune responses in a diversity of therapeutic areas including human oncology, chronic inflammatory diseases, infectious diseases, and immunosenescence.
The Scientific Director / Vice President is responsible for managing all aspects of the immune monitoring services with respect to science, and client interactions. The Scientific Director / Vice President facilitates program growth through strategic and operational planning guidance and by ensuring that required infrastructure and support services are in place.
The Scientific Director represents the company from both a scientific and business perspective interacts with other members of management, the BOD, and key clients. The Scientific Director / Vice President leads and oversees the scientific and operational teams and ensures that the research and services conducted by ImmuneCarta are designed and performed efficiently, on time and in compliance with recognized GLP guidelines. The Scientific Director / Vice President is also responsible for effective and efficient plan execution, development and approval of program strategies, priorities, and final interpretation and completion of study results.
In summary, the Scientific Director / Vice President assumes a leadership role in maintaining and improving the overall quality and volume of research and contract-based services provided by the company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Represents the company from both a scientific and business perspective, to members of the business, scientific and financial communities; Consults with clients on immune monitoring needs and establishes appropriate assays or programs;
- Develops and executes a strategic plan which identifies the areas in which ImmuneCarta Services will concentrate its scientific efforts, capital, and staff to meet business objectives;
- Manages staff responsible for the scientific conduct of immune monitoring projects; measures and monitors study progress against objectives and plans, including any variances;
- Reviews and approves various interim and final study reporting; Authorizes SOPs;
- Develops innovative initiatives to enhance internal efficiency and effectiveness and assumes scientific leadership in developing/implementingnovel bio-analytical platforms within the company or adapting existing technology platforms to fulfill novel R&D needs or develop new lines of services;
- Initiates, plans and implements staff development programs.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Ph.D. in immunology or internationally recognized equivalent plus 10 years of clinical research experience within the pharmaceutical industry, CRO health-related consulting company, or biomedical/clinical experience within academia (or a combination of aforementioned);
- Solid understanding of immunology across a breadth of therapeutic areas, clinical development, regulatory issues, and market dynamics in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Broad experience in the principles and techniques of multiparametric flow cytometry-based assays, data analysis, interpretation and clinical relevance;
- Significant experience at a management level in drug safety, clinical development or medical affairs, including in the evaluation and interpretation of scientific and clinical data;
- Proven track record in the management of company operations, finance, and quality assurance;
- Solid knowledge and understanding of US and EU regulatory requirements and general regulatory expectations;
- Proven experience in managing a team and in leading them to optimize their performance and contribution;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to a variety of levels and teams; Demonstrated persuasion and influence skills;
- Proven ability to manage budget and timelines;
- Willingness to undertake significant travel internationally.
Caprion is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in biostatistics and proteomics. As part of the Bioinformatics group, the Biostatistican is involved in study design, quality control and analysis of proteomic mass spectrometry data, results visualization and reporting. The Biostatistician is responsible for the choice of statistical methodology, the writing of the statistical analysis plan, carrying out the analyses and providing interpretations and conclusions that can be derived from the results. The successful candidate will also perform ad-hoc analyses and advise the scientific team on general statistical questions, study design, and data analysis. The Biostatistician is expected to propose and implement new quality control and data analysis procedures and/or improve existing ones.
- Provide significant input into the design of clinical proteomic studies.
- Write formal Statistical Analysis Plans for complex studies.
- Create randomization schemes for sample processing.
- Perform statistical analyses of data (differential expression, classification) and interpret results to ensure validity of conclusions.
- Propose and implement novel quality control and data analysis procedures.
- Provide clear visualization and summary of statistical analysis results.
- Write and review statistical sections for protocols and study reports.
- Provide scientific recommendations on how to improve the quality of the results and the throughput of the research platform.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to evaluate data quality or improve the understanding of the results.
- MSc. or Ph.D. in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics or related field of study.
- Three years of work experience in genomics, proteomics or related field.
- Experience with a variety of statistical methods including general linear models (e.g., ANOVA), logistic regression, univariate and multivariate analyses, and longitudinal analyses.
- Experience in predictive modeling, classification and discriminant analysis is strongly desirable.
- Experience with R (preferred) or Matlab.
- Experience with Perl and/or C++.
- Solid understanding of molecular biology, proteomics and mass spectrometry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a fast paced research team.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé by post or by email to:
201 avenue Président-Kennedy, suite 3900
Montréal, Québec, Canada H2X 3Y7
Please note, phone calls will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.