Caprion offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment, encouraging continuous innovation and the sharing of knowledge and ideas. We are proud to have built a strong team of highly motivated and skilled people.
We believe our success depends on the contributions and dedication of each employee. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by challenges and have the skills needed to evolve themselves and the company into the future.
Our world-class proteomics facility is situated within the Science Pavillion building of UQAM(Université de Québec à Montréal) in downtown Montréal.
Caprion is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in bioinformatics,
proteomics and flow cytometry. The Bioinformatics Specialist develops software tools
to automate and streamline Caprion's and ImmuneCarta's research platform. The
Bioinformatics Specialist proposes, tests and implements new ways of analyzing and
visualizing mass spectrometry and flow cytometry data. The successful candidate will also be responsible for documenting various workflows of the research platform, implementing quality control procedures and providing scientific recommendations to improve the quality of the results. The Bioinformatics Specialist may also perform
analysis of proteomic mass spectrometry data using commercial and proprietary software.
- Bioinformatics software tools and database planning, development and evaluation.
- Automate annotation data extraction, parsing, transformation and loading.Maintain and provide support for in-house developped scripts and software tools.
- Document the Bioinformatics workflows, software and databases used in Caprion's and ImmuneCarta's analysis pipeline.Propose and implement quality control and data quality monitoring procedures.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to evaluate data quality or improve the understanding of the results.
- Provide general bioinformatics and analytical support to the other research departments (Protein Analysis, Molecular and Cell Biology).
- Perform analysis of mass spectrometry data using the Elucidator software.
- BSc in Bioinformatics, or equivalent (MS level degree preferred).
- Five years of work experience in genomics, proteomics or related field.
- Experience with higher level programming languages (C, C++, Java),
- Experience with Perl.
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL.
- Ability to effectively use SQL to design queries for extraction of data from Oracle and MySQL databases.
- Experience with flow cytometry and fluorescence-activated cell sorting (FACS) data analysis is a plus.
- Solid understanding of molecular biology, proteomics, mass spectrometry and flow cytometry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
SENIOR SCIENTIST PROTEOMICS/PROTEIN CHEMISTRY - MENLO PARK CALIFORNIA SITE
Caprion Proteomics US LLC is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in protein chemistry/mass spectrometry/protein characterization to join a collaborative, proteomics focused scientific environment and reporting to the Senior Director/Site Manager. Caprion’s leading and proprietary proteomics discovery technologies - CellCarta® - enable the discovery of novel targets for therapeutics development and the identification of novel protein biomarkers that can significantly reduce risk and enhance clinical development productivity and decision making in pharmaceutical research. Caprion is based in Montreal, Canada (www.caprion.com). Caprion Proteomics US LLC is looking to fill a Senior Scientist position for our Menlo Park, California site as described below:
The focus will be on conducting label-free differential quantification and identification of protein biomarkers using the Thermo QExactive as well as conducting MRM-based assays for marker verification and validation, using the Agilent QQQ6490 systems. This individual will be spearheading study design, data analysis, data visualization and reporting. He/she will work independently but closely with proteomics and bioinformatics scientists in a results-driven, collaborative environment.
He/she will be responsible for the choice of experimental methodology, the writing of the study plan, carrying out the analyses and providing interpretations and conclusions from the results in a report for each project in a timely fashion. He/she will be writing scientific manuscripts in peer reviewed journals. The successful candidate will also advise the scientific team on general biomarker discovery questions, platform design, study design, and data analysis.
The Senior Scientist is expected to propose and implement new sample analysis procedures and/or improve existing ones. You will train RAs to support your biomarker discovery experiments with abundant protein depletion, SCX and High-pH RP chromatography for sample fractionation as well as sample preparation following standard operating procedures.
- Perform and supervise sample preparation for a variety of biological materials.
- Perform mass spectrometry analysis and interpret results to ensure validity of conclusions. Hands-on experience in operating a variety of electrospray-based LC/MS systems with a high comfort level is a plus.
- Provide clear visualization and summary of analysis results and biological interpretation.
- Write and review study reports and scientific manuscripts.
- Provide significant input into the design of clinical proteomic studies.
- Propose and implement novel quality control and sample or data analysis procedures.
- Manage or train RAs to perform new sample preparation or analytical techniques.
- Provide scientific recommendations to improve the quality of results and the platform.
- Monitor data quality and take responsibility for project execution in the laboratory.
- Ph.D. in Analytical Biochemistry or related field of study.
- Five to ten years of work experience in proteomics and/or protein chemistry.
- Solid understanding of mass spectrometry, molecular biology, protein chemistry.
- Ability to analyze proteomics data and correlate with biochemistry is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present research and help write grants or grant reports is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a fast paced research team.
- Proficiency in use of computer software related to LC-MS, database searches with Spectrum Mill/Mascot/Sequest is desired; minor VBA programming and proteomics data analysis/visualization is a plus.
- Experience working in industry is a big plus.
- Previous publications on biomarker discovery in biological fluids or tissues are a big plus.
RESEARCH ASSISTANT - NIGHT SHIFT, IMMUNECARTA SERVICES
Interacts with Principal Scientists and Research Assistants to manage client’s accounts including study coordination and schedules, GLP/GCLP documentation, QC review, sample management. Performs immune monitoring (IM) assays and clinical sample analysis using appropriate manual and/or automated procedures and techniques as per GLP/GCLP. Work closely with Quality Assurance to maintain study-related documentation as per GLP/GCLP and regulatory guidance.
- Interacts with Principal Scientists and Research Assistants to manage client’s accounts (e.g. study coordination and schedules, tracking of project milestones; interaction with clients regarding projects issues, sample management);
- Performs IM assays on biological samples as per method SOP and GLP/GCLP;
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to maintain study-related documentation as per GLP/GCLP and regulatory guidance;
- Participates in the development, qualification and validation of immune monitoring assays. Ensures that appropriate SOP are in place;
- Participates to SOP writing;
- Participates actively in the preparation and conduct of clients or regulatory body audits; and
- Actively participates to biological sample management.
FLOW CYTOMETRY ANALYST
The Flow Cytometry Analyst performs a variety of analytic functions within the ImmuneCarta Flow Cytometry Department. These functions include analysis and reporting of flow cytometry assays and any other assays as needed. The analyst works under the coordination of the Flow Cytometry Specialist to insure accurate and timely completion of data analysis. Maintain study-related documentation as per GLP/GCLP and regulatory guidance.
- Analyzes multiparametric flow cytometry data as per ImmuneCarta guidelines and SOP;
- Reviews data analyzed by other analysts and reports data as needed or instructed;
- Coordinates analysis workloads with other analysts and supervisor to insure turnaround times are met according to client expectations;
- Assists as required in the organization of study data and associated information required for interim and final study reports;
- Adheres to all quality assurance and safety requirements within the laboratory;
- Implements new analytical/statistical tools to increase the data analysis throughput.
- Participates in internal and external audits when required.
- B.Sc. with experience, or M.Sc. in life sciences, preferably in bio-statistics or immunology.
- Experience in analysis of multiparametric flow cytometry data is required.
- Experience with FlowJo is highly recommended.
- SPICE and Prism software experience is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of FlowJo software.
- Good knowledge and understanding of GLP/GCP regulations sufficient to carry out GLP/GCP studies.
- Strong computer skills and significant experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint are required.
- Attention to details;
- Committed to achieve good quality work.
- Proactive and efficient under pressure.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé by post or by email to:
201 avenue Président-Kennedy, suite 3900
Montréal, Québec, Canada H2X 3Y7
Please note, phone calls will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.