Caprion offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment, encouraging continuous innovation and the sharing of knowledge and ideas. We are proud to have built a strong team of highly motivated and skilled people.
We believe our success depends on the contributions and dedication of each employee. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by challenges and have the skills needed to evolve themselves and the company into the future.
Our world-class proteomics facility is situated within the Science Pavillion building of UQAM (Université de Québec à Montréal) in downtown Montréal.
- MANAGER, CONTRACTS & LEGAL AFFAIRS
- ACCOUNTANT - ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
- IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST
- IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - RESEARCH ASSISTANT (EVENINGS & WEEKENDS)
MANAGER, CONTRACTS & LEGAL AFFAIRS
Reviews, drafts and supports contract negotiations and handles specific tasks in support of internal related matters. Supports the Business Development and Finance function with respect to tracking, monitoring and maintenance of client contracts and company information. The Manager, Contracts & Legal Affairs is accountable for ensuring contract terms are consistent with corporate strategy and are negotiated within the legal and financial guidelines established by the Company. The Manager, Contracts & Legal Affairs will also be directly involved in the management of Caprion’s patent portfolio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates various agreements related to the operation of Caprion and ImmuneCarta Services businesses, including service agreements, licensing and collaborative agreements and confidentially and non disclosure agreements and other transactional documents in a high-volume, fast paced environment.
- Performs analyses to support contract negotiations, develops contract documents, and documents contractual terms, legal and financial, for implementation. Ensures contract documents are consistent with guidelines established by the Company for both legal and financial terms.
- Works with Finance to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such pricing, and payment terms.
- Communicates directly with Corporate attorneys and makes recommendations to attorneys as to whether documents are ready for execution.
- Ensures that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, and provides interpretation to support implementation.
- Coordinates the management of the Company’s Intellectual Property Portfolio with patent agents and diagnostic management team.
- Performs occasional legal research.
- Is responsible for tracking and administration of signed agreements.
- Performs ad hoc related assignments as requested.
- Minimum of three years’ contract negotiation and/or previous paralegal or legal assistance experience. Experience in the life science industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Paralegal Certificate/equivalent experience required.
- Strong oral and written skills are required, in English and French.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required.
- Proficiency in MS Windows (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be an independent problem-solver that can execute multiple-tasks simultaneously and remain poised under pressure.
- Proven influencing and persuasive skills.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Demonstrated financial acumen to support and master financial contract components and analysis.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities and succeed in a changing, highly results oriented, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to research, interpret, synthesize and communicate complex issues to make sound recommendations.
- Relies on solid experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
ACCOUNTANT - ACCOUNTS PAYABLE
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Accountant - Accounts Payable is responsible for the entire accounts payable process from receipt of invoices to payment. The Accountant - Accounts Payable controls expenses by receiving, verifying, processing and reconciling invoices with the purchase orders and receiving slips. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a friendly atmosphere, has a good attention to detail and has strong organizational skills. Part time position - 4 days / week.
- Verifies, codes and pays bills and expense reports all in compliance with internal standards and policies;
- Follows up and communicates with suppliers;
- Files the payable documents;
- Performs data entries required for the bank reconciliations;
- Prepares GST – QST claim reports;
- Prepares and make bank deposits;
- Based on the level of experience, participates in various tasks required for month-end and year-end;
- Performs ad hoc analysis and other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years’ accounts payable experience;
- College education in accounting, preferably;
- Good knowledge of excel and accounting software, preferably with Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains;
- Strong English and functional French communication skills;
- Solid interpersonal skills;
- An innovative, high energy, flexible personality that is adaptable to change.
IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST
The Senior Research Scientist at ImmuneCarta is responsible for assuring high quality in the analysis and interpretation of complex flow cytometry data; Interacts with Senior Principal Scientists and Flow Cytometry Specialists to address scientific and general project issues; Interacts with QA to address quality issues. May take on a Principal Scientist role for specific projects under the supervision of Senior principal Scientist; Ensures that projects are performed in accordance to clinical protocols, SOP and GLP/GCLP when applicable. Is accountable for overall scientific quality and regulatory compliance of projects and participates in the preparation of scientific or technical materials (e.g. manuscripts, posters).
- Ph.D. or equivalent training in life sciences, preferably in immunology, virology, microbiology or molecular biology.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Deep knowledge of modern immunology, immune monitoring methodologies and flow cytometry techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies.
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills; Approaches work methodically and systematically;
- Establishes priorities from among a number of demands;
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Performs analysis of complex FACS data or supervises such analyses done by laboratory personnel to ensure scientific integrity and compliance with SOP when applicable;
- Interacts regularly with Principal Scientists and Flow Cytometry Specialists to address project issues in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the client;
- Ensures that projects are conducted as per preset timelines;
- Participates in the development of new in vitro assays as per client needs, including the assay validation phase;
- Trains, supervises and mentors laboratory personnel (e.g. research assistants) working on her/his projects;
- Prepares preliminary and final reports and ensures that all study-related data is appropriately maintained and archived;
- Participates actively in the preparation and conduct of audits by clients or regulatory bodies;
- Provides scientific guidance as a high-quality resource person and contributes to the scientific leadership of ImmuneCarta Services.
IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - RESEARCH ASSISTANT (EVENINGS & WEEKENDS)
Performs immune monitoring assays, blood sample processing and cryopreservation. Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP/CSP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines. Performs reagent and material reception, tracking, and inventory. This is an evening position (~3 to ~11pm).
- B.SC in life sciences, preferably in immunology, molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Available to work in the evening (3-11pm);
- Experience in PBMC isolation/cryopreservation and Flow cytometry an asset;
- Experience working in a GLP/GCLP environment an asset;
- Rigorous and autonomous in the conduct of their work;
- Good organizational skills.
- Conduct experiments (blood processing, cell cryopreservation);
- Performs equipment maintenance, calibration and cleaning;
- Performs reagent and material inventories;
- Replenishes stocks of materials;
- Performs biological sample inventory and files related documentation, when required;
- Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé by post or by email to:
201 avenue Président-Kennedy, suite 3900
Montréal, Québec, Canada H2X 3Y7
Please note, phone calls will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.