Caprion offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment, encouraging continuous innovation and the sharing of knowledge and ideas. We are proud to have built a strong team of highly motivated and skilled people.
We believe our success depends on the contributions and dedication of each employee. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by challenges and have the skills needed to evolve themselves and the company into the future.
Our world-class proteomics facility is situated within the Science Pavillion building of UQAM (Université de Québec à Montréal) in downtown Montréal.
- MASS SPECTROMETRY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
- RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, SAMPLE PROCESSING
- BIOINFORMATICIAN / BIOSTATISTICIAN
- SENIOR SCIENTIST - MASS SPECTROMETRY
PROTEOCARTA - MASS SPECTROMETRY RESEARCH ASSOCIATE
Caprion is seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Mass Spectrometry Research Associate with a strong background in mass spectrometry-based proteomics. This individual will play a key role in the label-free proteomics analysis of various biological matrices as well as quantitative MRM work for protein biomarkers and biologics/biosimilars. The major goals will be to carry out mass spectrometry analyses in a timely fashion, troubleshoot and resolve instrument issues in a GLP environment.
- Analytical instrument operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair (Thermo Q Exactive, AB Sciex QTRAP and 6490 Agilent mass spectrometers).
- Ensuring that system suitability tests meet criteria, filling out worksheets and log books.
- Providing scientific and technical recommendations to improve the quality of results and the platform.
- Organizing workload and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Work performed in a GLP environment.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in analytical chemistry, chemistry or biochemistry (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience operating electrospray-based LC/MS systems with a very high comfort level.
- Excellent understanding of mass spectrometry and protein chemistry, as well as problem-solving and multitasking skills.
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized and efficient, and be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to successfully adapt in a rapidly changing environment.
- Good written communication skills.
- Experience working in industry is a big plus.
PROTEOCARTA - RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, SAMPLE PROCESSING
Caprion is seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate for its proteomics sample processing team. This individual will play a key role in performing a variety of techniques such as immuno-depletion, digestion, solid-phase extraction procedures and analysis by High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) on study samples (e.g. plasma, serum, CSF and other biological fluids) following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Process biological samples for analysis by mass spectrometry
- Execute work as per established procedures or R&D work instructions
- Participate in troubleshooting
- Maintain study-related documentation according to GLP and regulatory guidance
- Monitor the performance of equipment and recording activities in logbooks
- Perform general laboratory duties
- Prepare and review documentation for experiments
- Perform work in a GLP environment and occasionally in a containment level 2 (CL2) environment
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in life sciences, chemistry or biochemistry (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of sample processing for proteomics analysis, such as immuno-depletion and digestion techniques is a plus;
- Knowledge and experience with chromatography-based techniques (eg., operating HPLC instruments) is a plus;
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations;
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Ability to work independently, autonomously and as part of a team;
- Skill to accurately test large numbers of samples with reliable repeatability;
- Good record keeping, attention to details and commitment to achieve good quality work;
- Experience working in industry is a plus.
PROTEOCARTA - BIOINFORMATICIAN / BIOSTATISTICIAN
Caprion is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in bioinformatics, biostatistics and proteomics. As part of the Bioinformatics group, the Bioinformatician/Biostatistician is involved in study design, quality control and analysis of proteomic mass spectrometry data, results visualization and reporting. The Bioinformatician/Biostatistican is responsible for the data processing of raw mass spectrometry data, choice of statistical methodology, the writing of the statistical analysis plan, carrying out the analyses and providing interpretations and conclusions that can be derived from the results. The successful candidate will also perform ad-hoc analyses and advise the scientific team on general bioinformatics and statistical questions and data analysis. The Bioinformatician/Biostatistician is expected to propose and implement new quality control and data analysis procedures and/or improve existing ones.
- Provide significant input into the design of clinical proteomic studies.
- Perform analysis of mass spectrometry data using the Elucidator software, Mascot, OMSSA, X!Tandem, Peptide/Protein Prophet, etc.
- Evaluate protein annotations and proteomics mass spectrometry databases.
- Provide biological annotations, and automate their extraction, parsing, transformation and loading from public or in-house databases.
- Propose and implement novel quality control and data analysis procedures.
- Provide clear visualization and summary of analysis results.
- Provide scientific recommendations on how to improve the quality of the results and the throughput of the research platform.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to evaluate data quality or improve the understanding of the results.
- Write formal Statistical Analysis Plans for complex studies.
- Create randomization schemes for sample processing.
- Perform statistical analyses of data (differential expression, classification) and interpret results to ensure validity of conclusions.
- Write and review statistical sections for protocols and study reports.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Biostatistics, Statistics, Bioinformatics or related field of study.
- Three years of work experience in proteomics or related field.
- Experience with a variety of statistical methods including general linear models (e.g., ANOVA), logistic regression, univariate and multivariate analyses, and longitudinal analyses.
- Experience in predictive modeling, classification and discriminant analysis is strongly desirable.
- Experience with R, C++, scripting language (PERL, Python, etc.).
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server or MySQL.
- Solid understanding of molecular biology, proteomics and mass spectrometry.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a fast paced research team.
PROTEOCARTA - SENIOR SCIENTIST - MASS SPECTROMETRY
Caprion Biosciences Inc. is seeking a highly motivated individual with experience in protein chemistry/mass spectrometry/protein characterization to join a collaborative, proteomics focused scientific environment. Caprion’s leading and proprietary proteomics discovery technologies - ProteoCarta™ - enable the discovery of novel targets for therapeutics development and the identification of novel protein biomarkers that can significantly reduce risk and enhance clinical development productivity and decision making in pharmaceutical research. Caprion is based in Montreal, Canada (www.caprion.com) and is looking to fill a Senior Scientist position as described below:
The focus will be on conducting label-free differential quantification and identification of protein biomarkers using the Thermo QExactive as well as conducting MRM-based assays for marker verification and validation, using the Ab Sciex QTRAP systems. This individual will work independently but closely with proteomics and bioinformatics scientists in a results-driven, collaborative environment. He/she will be responsible for the choice of experimental methodology, carrying out the analyses and providing interpretations and conclusions from the results in a report for each project in a timely fashion. The successful candidate will also advise the scientific team on general biomarker discovery questions, platform design, study design, and data analysis. The Senior Scientist is expected to propose and implement new sample analysis procedures and/or improve existing ones.
- Perform sample preparation for a variety of biological materials.
- Perform mass spectrometry analysis and interpret results to ensure validity of conclusions.
- Hands-on experience in operating a variety of electrospray-based LC/MS systems with a high comfort level.
- Responsible for method development both discovery and quantitative method. Ability to also perform method development and validation of PK assay of biomarker(s) and drug products such as biologics/biosimilars
- Perform in-depth data analysis and interpretation for each experiment
- Provide clear presentation and summary of analysis results and biological interpretation.
- Design and execute experimental testing
- Design and execute troubleshooting experiments
- Propose and implement novel approaches to sample processing and mass spectrometry analysis.
- Train Research Associate to perform new sample preparation or analytical techniques.
- Provide scientific recommendations to improve the quality of results and the platform.
- Monitor data quality and take responsibility for project execution in the laboratory.
- Must be capable of working in a GLP environment
- M.Sc. or Ph.D in life sciences, chemistry or biochemistry (or equivalent).
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- Prioritize, organize workload and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Capable of supervision for specific projects will be an asset.
- May require working in BSL2 environment.
- Solid understanding of mass spectrometry, molecular biology, protein chemistry.
- The candidate must have excellent oral and written communications skills and be able to prepare project reports and make internal and client presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively as part of a fast paced research team.
- Experience working in industry is a big plus.
IMMUNECARTA - RESEARCH ASSISTANT III
Performs multi-parametric flow cytometry assays as per written procedures. Revises and writes procedures (SOP). Prepares and reviews experimental documentation for complex methods. Involved in the validation of multi-parametric assays. Leads all aspects of a given study (reagents, materials, schedule, documentation, etc). Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc.in life sciences, preferably in immunology.
- At least 2 years in a similar position.
Required Expertise and Skills:
- PBMC isolation and handling;
- Multi-parametric flow cytometry assays (phenotyping, ICS, CFSE);
- ELISpot an asset;
- Working in a GLP/GCLP environment;
- Organized, rigorous and autonomous in the conduct of their work;
- Time management;
- Knowledge and understating of the English language sufficient to write and carry out procedures and protocols.
- Perform multi-parametric flow cytometry experiments;
- Prepares and reviews required documentation for experimentation;
- Leads flow cytometry studies (documentation, schedule, reagents, inventories, resources, etc);
- Participates in the validation of complex methods (multi-parametric);
- Writes Method SOP;
- Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
IMMUNECARTA - DATA ANALYST
The Data Analyst performs a variety of analytic functions within the Flow Cytometry Unit of Caprion Biosciences Inc. These functions include analysis of flow cytometry data, ELISpot, and data from other platforms as needed. The analyst works under the supervision of the Manager of the Data Analysis Unit to ensure accurate and timely completion of data analysis. Maintains study-related documentation as per applicable GLP/GCLP regulations at Caprion.
- B.Sc. with experience, or M.Sc. in life sciences, preferably in immunology.
- 1 year of experience in a similar position or equivalent.
Required Expertise and Skills:
- Multiparametric flow cytometry statistical analysis (FlowJo and BD FACSDiva software);
- Strong computer skills and significant experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- Detail-oriented person;
- Knowledge and understanding of the English language;
- Knowledge in statistical analysis softwares (Prism) an asset;
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations an asset.
- Analyzes data as per the Caprion SOPs;
- Reviews data analyzed by other analysts and reports data as needed or instructed;
- Assists as required in the organization of study data and associated information required for interim and final study reports;
- Involved in implementation of new analytical/statistical tools to increase the data analysis throughput.
IMMUNECARTA - SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST
The Senior Research Scientist is responsible for ensuring high quality in the analysis and interpretation of data; He/She performs the analysis of data to ensure scientific integrity, compliance with SOP/CSP and applicable regulatory requirements. The Senior Research Scientist works closely with the Lead Scientist of the Data Analysis Unit, the Scientific Team and the Flow Cytometry Specialist to address technical/scientific and general project issues; He/She interacts with Quality Assurance to address quality issues and participates in client communications, preparation of scientific or technical materials such as reports, manuscripts, and posters along with the senior principal scientist.
- Ph.D. or equivalent training in life sciences, preferably in immunology or virology.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Deep knowledge of human immunology, immune monitoring methodologies and flow cytometry techniques;
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP/GCLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP/GCLP studies;
- Experience with FlowJo is a must.
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills;
- Approaches work methodically and systematically;
- Establishes priorities from among a number of demands;
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Performs analysis of data and ensures scientific integrity and compliance with SOP/CSP;
- Interacts regularly with the Lead Scientist of the Data Analysis Unit, Scientific Team and Flow Cytometry Specialist to address project issues in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the client;
- Ensures that all study-related data is appropriately maintained;
- Participates in the development of new in vitro assays as per client needs, including the assay qualification phase;
- Participates in preparation of interim and final study reports as well as client communication with the coaching from Associate Director (Scientific Team) or Senior Principal Scientist
- Provides scientific guidance as a high-quality resource person and contributes to the scientific leadership of ImmuneCarta Services.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé by post or by email to:
201 avenue Président-Kennedy, suite 3900
Montréal, Québec, Canada H2X 3Y7
Please note, phone calls will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.