Caprion offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment, encouraging continuous innovation and the sharing of knowledge and ideas. We are proud to have built a strong team of highly motivated and skilled people.
We believe our success depends on the contributions and dedication of each employee. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by challenges and have the skills needed to evolve themselves and the company into the future.
Our world-class proteomics facility is situated within the Science Pavillion building of UQAM (Université de Québec à Montréal) in downtown Montréal.
- MARKETING MANAGER
- DIRECTOR OF BIOINFORMATICS
- IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST
- IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - DATA ANALYST
Caprion is seeking a highly qualified and experienced individual to direct and oversee the development of Caprion and ImmuneCarta’s marketing and public relations initiatives. Responsibilities will include management, planning, coordination and execution of advertising/promotion plans, tradeshow representation, market research and analysis, product marketing strategies, press releases and other public relations initiatives as well as electronic communications. The marketing manager will report to the SVP & Chief Business Officer.
Takes steps to measure, enhance, and enrich the position and image of a company through various goals and objectives. Primary responsibilities:
- Plan marketing and branding objectives.
- Prepare marketing strategies alongside other company executives and staff.
- Prepare and adhere to budget.
- Analyze market trends and recommend changes to marketing strategies based on analysis and feedback.
- Oversee creation and delivery of press releases, advertisements, and other marketing and public relations materials.
- Work with the designer on electronic ads and publications ensuring brand consistency and message consistency.
- Gather and analyze customer insight.
- Nurture and enrich all external perceptions of the company and growth of market share.
- Engage customers on social media.
- Deepen relationships with all media to ensure the most effective messaging and positioning of the organization.
- Lead areas of marketing content generation and production across all media platforms.
- Collaborate with sales and operations to develop strategic activities and implement the execution framework and strategic plan on identified opportunities.
- Develop and lead a marketing team that will develop and execute new concepts, business models, channels and partners to position business as innovator and leader.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of Master degree in the Life Sciences Field, MBA desirable.
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Marketing expert in the Life Sciences Industry with a proven track record of success.
- Strong Science Background and/or thorough proteomics and/or immunology industry.
- Good analytical skills.
- Strong ability to analyse and read the market, strategize and implement the most effective strategy to optimise value of services.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work competently in software programs including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently.
- Bilingual (English and French) highly desirable.
DIRECTOR OF BIOINFORMATICS
In this role as Director of Bioinformatics (BI), reporting to the Vice-President, Scientific Operations, you will lead Caprion’s bioinformatics/statistics group and will be a team player with leadership skills and experience.
- Overall team supervision ;
- Team development including individual team member coaching, goal setting, technical mentorship and enforcement of best practices;
- Developing and implementing workflows as well as tools to process and manage data in an effective and timely manner;
- Organizing and leading the team to ensure a robust and scalable platform;
- Developing and implementing training programs for staff to build an environment of high performance;
- Providing accurate estimation of bioinformatics/statistics effort for projects based on scope of work;
- Proper allocation of resources to staff projects appropriately;
- Directing the work of staff applying bioinformatics/statistical tools;
- Collaborating with Study Directors and Process Leaders to ensure that project objectives are met and are completed on time;
- Ensuring effective communication within and across teams as well as Caprion sites (Menlo Park and Montreal);
- Keeping abreast of new bioinformatics/statistical tools and software for proteomic analysis;
- Recommending new systems and processes to improve current proteomic platform;
- Testing new and updated bioinformatics/statistical tools and software;
- Collaborating with software developers in the development and modification of commercial bioinformatics software;
- Developing and delivering presentations and updates for senior management and Caprion customers;
- The qualified individual will possess a Ph.D. in Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science or related field, along with 5+ years of experience in the Bioinformatics field and 3+ years of direct management experience in life sciences.
- Direct experience with “Omics” data analysis is an asset and knowledge of biomarkers and clinical drug development is a plus.
- Works closely with business management and charting a cogent Bioinformatics strategy at the scientific level, including designing the enabling technology/information management solutions and leading their successful execution.
- You should have the ability to integrate different perspectives and deliver enterprise-wide strategic impact; with a successful track record in a sophisticated technology organization, preferably in a research-intensive and entrepreneurial environment.
- You need a broad business and scientific perspective, not just technical knowledge;
- Excellent problem solving abilities, communication and interpersonal skills; a keen ability to lead and motivate and superb management and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple short and long-term projects of varying complexity with flexibility in a dynamic environment where priorities are changing.
- A strong results-oriented work ethic is required to ensure on-time high quality delivery of products to customers.
- Abilities to build consensus and partnership around issues that help the organization thrive in a competitive biotechnology environment will be put to good use.
IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - PRINCIPAL SCIENTIST
The role of a Principal Scientist at ImmuneCarta Services is equivalent to a GLP Study Director. Works independently and acts as a scientific leader in the planning,
conduct and management of immune monitoring (IM) projects; Is highly knowledgeable in multi-parametric flow cytometry for the development and qualification/validation of
assays to support study sample analysis. Also, knowledgeable in EliSpot and immunoassays (specifically MesoScale) is an asset.
Ensures that projects are performed in accordance to clinical protocols, SOP and GLP/GCLP when applicable; Is accountable for overall technical and scientific quality and regulatory compliance of projects; Interacts with clients regarding regular updates on technical, scientific and general project progress; Interacts with QA for quality issues; Acts as a key resource person in the mentoring/training of scientific personnel. Represents ImmuneCarta Services at scientific meetings and participates in the preparation of scientific or technical materials (e.g. manuscripts, posters).
- Ph.D. or equivalent training in life sciences, preferably in immunology, virology, microbiology or molecular biology. Post doctoral experience would be an asset.
- A minimum of 3 years post-doctoral experience or equivalent position.
- Knowledge of modern immunology, IM methodologies and clinical trial design and regulations; knowledge of flow cytometry techniques and its generic applications in the field of IM; knowledge of cell-based assays to monitor adaptive and innate immune responses;
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies
- Very good understanding of biomarker analysis in support of drug development
- Approaches work methodically and systematically. Establishes priorities from among a number of demands. Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills;
- Communicates clearly and confidently and has excellent interpersonal skills. Is fluent in French and English (written & spoken);
- Skilled to work in a high-paced and multi-tasked environment.
- Oversees the planning and progress of study/project under her/his responsibility;
- Designs and prepares detailed study-specific workplans, IM approaches and supporting documentation for IM protocols and assays;
- Interacts regularly with clients, clinical sites and ImmuneCarta management concerning project issues, and documents properly study-related interactions and communications;
- Manages, trains, supervises and mentors laboratory personnel (e.g. research assistants and technicians) working on her/his projects;
- Ensures that projects are conducted as per preset timelines;
- Performs analysis of experimental FACS data or supervises such analyses done by laboratory personnel to ensure scientific integrity and compliance with SOP when applicable;
- Prepares interim and final reports and ensures that all study-related data is appropriately maintained and archived;
- Participates actively in the preparation and conduct of clients or regulatory body audits;
- Participates in the development of new in vitro assays as per client needs, including the assay qualification/validation phase;
- Provides scientific guidance as a high-quality resource person and contributes to the scientific leadership of ImmuneCarta Services.
IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - DATA ANALYST
The Data Analyst performs a variety of analytic functions within the ImmuneCarta Analysis Unit. These functions include analysis and reporting of flow cytometry assays and any other assays as needed. Other functions include data management, preparation of analysis templates, creation of figures and implementation of new analysis strategies. The analyst works under the coordination of the Senior Flow Cytometry Specialist to insure accurate and timely completion of data analysis. Maintain study-related documentation as per GLP/GCLP and regulatory guidance.
- Analyzes multiparametric flow cytometry data as per ImmuneCarta guidelines and SOP;
- Reviews data analyzed by other analysts and reports data as needed or instructed;
- Coordinates analysis workloads with other analysts and supervisor to insure turnaround times are met according to client expectations;
- Assists as required in the organization, management and presentation of study data and associated information required for interim and final study reports;
- Adheres to all quality assurance and safety requirements within the laboratory;
- Implement new analytical/statistical tools to increase the data analysis throughput.
- Participates in internal and external audits when required.
- B.Sc. with experience, or M.Sc. in life sciences, preferably in bio-statistics or immunology.
- Experience with R and JMP is highly recommended.
- FlowJo, SPICE and Prism software experience is an asset.
- Excellent knowledge of R and JMP software, or equivalent.
- Good knowledge and understanding of GLP/GCP regulations sufficient to carry out GLP/GCP studies.
- Strong computer skills.
- Attention to details; Committed to achieve good quality work.
- Proactive and efficient under pressure.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé by post or by email to:
201 avenue Président-Kennedy, suite 3900
Montréal, Québec, Canada H2X 3Y7
Please note, phone calls will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.