Caprion offers a dynamic and stimulating work environment, encouraging continuous innovation and the sharing of knowledge and ideas. We are proud to have built a strong team of highly motivated and skilled people.
We believe our success depends on the contributions and dedication of each employee. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by challenges and have the skills needed to evolve themselves and the company into the future.
Our world-class proteomics facility is situated within the Science Pavillion building of UQAM (Université de Québec à Montréal) in downtown Montréal.
- IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST
- IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - RESEARCH ASSISTANT (EVENINGS & WEEKENDS)
IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST
The Senior Research Scientist at ImmuneCarta is responsible for assuring high quality in the analysis and interpretation of complex flow cytometry data; Interacts with Senior Principal Scientists and Flow Cytometry Specialists to address scientific and general project issues; Interacts with QA to address quality issues. May take on a Principal Scientist role for specific projects under the supervision of Senior principal Scientist; Ensures that projects are performed in accordance to clinical protocols, SOP and GLP/GCLP when applicable. Is accountable for overall scientific quality and regulatory compliance of projects and participates in the preparation of scientific or technical materials (e.g. manuscripts, posters).
- Ph.D. or equivalent training in life sciences, preferably in immunology, virology, microbiology or molecular biology.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Deep knowledge of modern immunology, immune monitoring methodologies and flow cytometry techniques.
- Knowledge and understanding of GLP regulations and other regulatory guidelines sufficient to carry out GLP studies.
- Excellent data analysis and interpretation skills; Approaches work methodically and systematically;
- Establishes priorities from among a number of demands;
- Skilled at working in a fast-paced and multi-tasking environment.
- Performs analysis of complex FACS data or supervises such analyses done by laboratory personnel to ensure scientific integrity and compliance with SOP when applicable;
- Interacts regularly with Principal Scientists and Flow Cytometry Specialists to address project issues in a timely manner and to the satisfaction of the client;
- Ensures that projects are conducted as per preset timelines;
- Participates in the development of new in vitro assays as per client needs, including the assay validation phase;
- Trains, supervises and mentors laboratory personnel (e.g. research assistants) working on her/his projects;
- Prepares preliminary and final reports and ensures that all study-related data is appropriately maintained and archived;
- Participates actively in the preparation and conduct of audits by clients or regulatory bodies;
- Provides scientific guidance as a high-quality resource person and contributes to the scientific leadership of ImmuneCarta Services.
IMMUNECARTA SERVICES - RESEARCH ASSISTANT (EVENINGS & WEEKENDS)
Performs immune monitoring assays, blood sample processing and cryopreservation. Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP/CSP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines. Performs reagent and material reception, tracking, and inventory. This is an evening position (~3 to ~11pm).
- B.SC in life sciences, preferably in immunology, molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Available to work in the evening (3-11pm);
- Experience in PBMC isolation/cryopreservation and Flow cytometry an asset;
- Experience working in a GLP/GCLP environment an asset;
- Rigorous and autonomous in the conduct of their work;
- Good organizational skills.
- Conduct experiments (blood processing, cell cryopreservation);
- Performs equipment maintenance, calibration and cleaning;
- Performs reagent and material inventories;
- Replenishes stocks of materials;
- Performs biological sample inventory and files related documentation, when required;
- Records associated documentation relevant to the tasks at hand as per appropriate SOP and applicable GLP regulations and GCLP guidelines.
Interested candidates should submit their résumé by post or by email to:
201 avenue Président-Kennedy, suite 3900
Montréal, Québec, Canada H2X 3Y7
Please note, phone calls will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.